Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Review of Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor




"Until a few days ago, humans had been little more than legend to him, and now here he was in their world. It was like stepping into the pages of a book -- a book alive with color and fragrance, filth and chaos -- and the blue-haired girl moved through it all like a fairy through a story, the light treating her differently than it did others, the air seemed to gather around her like held breath. As if this whole place was a story about her." 

― Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke & Bone



Daughter of Smoke and Bone is an urban fantasy novel about a girl who...well, where to begin? The author has rendered me speechless. This book took me by surprise and is exactly what I am looking for when I read a book. The first part of the book had me in suspense wondering who this girl was and what the premise of the story was; then the author made me completely forget the who the what the why and I just went along for the ride. The story line takes Angels to a whole new different level, so original so beautiful I am still absorbing it all. The author's development of the characters is captivating, the author's descriptions are pure poetry pure imagery. Normally when the author shifts from one character to another or flashback to present I like for it to have some sort of structure...order, the author made me forget my OCD ways and I just let go. Some people may have issues with the flow of this book; it was a little bewildering at first but as I became engrossed with the story it was a natural shift from one character to another; it had me with bated breath anticipating the unknown. The cover is gorgeous and the book was exactly was I was looking for, an escape a GREAT read.



Rating 5 out of 5 stars





No comments:

Post a Comment