Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Review of Transcend by Christine Fonseca


A Dark Read
 I would like to thank the author, Ms. Christine Fonseca and We ♥ YA Books for the opportunity to read this book. I was gifted this book for an honest review. Thank you Ms. Fonseca for your patience and understanding with regards to my Kindle situation!

Transcend is a dark psychological read about a young man who loses himself after going through a disillusionment.


The story starts off really well but then somewhere along all the emotional drama the protagonist goes through, I just sort of got lost. The book switches back and forth from first person to third person, possibly to show the state of mind of the protagonist? I went back and forth several times to reread certain passages to make sure I was reading correctly and ultimately ending up reading a good portion of the book twice. Some of the characters are developed well but others are unfortunately not; however I feel that it is the author's intention to hold back until the climax of the story.  I really enjoyed the author's suspense building and the way she set the back drop to the book however I felt the story was a bit disjointed until the end. There are some sweet kissing scenes some really dark thoughts possibly actions (?) but no mention of sex, alcohol, or drugs; nor is there any curse words at least any that I can think of at the moment. I love the cover.
**I will mention that my Kindle gave me issues towards the end of book when I most wanted to finish it, my kindle froze but luckily it started up again and I was able to jump right back in where I left off and finished the book.

Rating 2.5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment